Underdog is an informal typeface with broken corner lines. It can serve many different purposes, in posters, magazine headlines or on food packaging. It changes its mood as the context of use changes: it can be playful in a childish design, feel punk in musical posters, unceremonious in fashion magazines or aggressive in a warning poster.
The inspiration for this typeface comes from hand-made signs seen on the street, and also the lettering found in musical culture. All shapes, lines and corners look like they are improvised, yet each of them has common rules to make the whole typeface work together, in both short words and longer sentences.
The typeface was designed by Sergey Steblina, and the font was technically engineered and published by Jovanny Lemonad.
Underdog font contains 406 defined characters and 344 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (96), Latin Extended-A (93), Latin Extended-B (3), Spacing Modifier Letters (8), Cyrillic (94), General Punctuation (15), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (2).
- Font Name:Underdog
- Version:Version 1.001; ttfautohint (v0.9)
- Trademark:Underdog is a trademark of Sergey Steblina & Jovanny Lemonad.
- Manufacturer:Sergey Steblina, Jovanny Lemonad
- Designer:Sergey Steblina
- Vendor URL:http://www.jovanny.ru
- Designer URL:http://www.steblina.com
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Underdog font