This is a very plain, simple handwriting font built for a specific purpose - I needed a handwritten small-caps font and wanted a properly weighted lowercase set, not just a digitally-mashed version of an existing uppercase. As the name might imply, I'm using it for street labels on some city maps. It's a full-keyboard set with a few of the usual extras like smart quotes and long dashes.
The original masters for Fountain Avenue were drawn at the 503 Coffee Bar in Austin, Texas (503 W. Oltorf Street), where I used to draw a LOT of my fonts, and it was the last of many alphabets I drew there. Shortly after creating the original (Version 1), my wife and I went there intending to show it off to some friends, and it was gone - the building gutted, the sign down, and no note on the window.
Fountain Avenue font contains 112 defined characters and 108 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (9), Spacing Modifier Letters (1), General Punctuation (8).
- Font Name:Fountain Avenue
- Version:v2.0 www.cumberlandgames.com - Private Use Only
- Trademark:Fountain Avenue is a trademark of S. John Ross.
- Manufacturer:S. John Ross
- Designer:S. John Ross
- Vendor URL:www.cumberlandgames.com
- Designer URL:www.cumberlandgames.com
- License:Free for private use only. Any public or organizational use requires a paid license. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for licensing information.
- Description:Copyright (c) 2002,2013 by S. John Ross. All rights reserved.
Submit a comment, question or review about Fountain Avenue font