Almendra is a typeface design based on calligraphy. Its style is related to the chancery and gothic hands. It is intended to be used in long texts, especially young children's literature. Almendra's black and white forms generate a nice texture in small sizes, while its many details appear when given the opportunity in huge sizes. The main challenge was to make compatible dialectic elements, especially balancing legibility and formal identity. Almendra was selected to be exhibited at the Bienal Iberoamericana de Diseno in 2010 and was part of the German editorial project Typodarium 2012.
This is the Display family, and there are sister Regular and Small Cap families.
Almendra Display font contains 231 defined characters and 191 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (94), Latin Extended-A (23), Spacing Modifier Letters (4), Combining Diacritical Marks (1), Greek and Coptic (1), General Punctuation (12), Currency Symbols (1), Private Use Area (1).
- Font Name:Almendra Display
- Version:Version 1.003
- Trademark:Almendra is a trademark of Ana Sanfelippo.
- Manufacturer:Ana Sanfelippo
- Designer:Ana Sanfelippo
- Designer URL:www.anasanfelippo.com.ar
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Almendra Display font