I think it's a general rule that I'm more likely to make a _useful_ font when I have a specific project that needs it, and that's the case with Knits and Scraps, a warm and huggy hand-drawn font (yeah, I do a lot of those) created for a book I'm finishing right now, designed with the basic goal of marrying the normal look of my hand-drawn romans (Apple Butter, Phaeton John, Heirany, etc) to a typewriter-inspired design. The result benefits from the easy legibility of typewriter forms but has the unexpected curves, jaunty serifs, and warm roundness of my more usual fare. I like it a lot; here's hoping you enjoy it too!
Knits and Scraps is a full-keyboard set without extended characters. The base glyphs were hand-drawn in felt-tip, late one night at Luciano's Pizza & Wings, a favorite hangout of mine in Denver, Colorado. The hand-drawn masters were then weight-adjusted, smoothed, and otherwise tweaked in a paint program.
Knits and Scraps font contains 103 defined characters and 94 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (9).
- Font Name:Knits and Scraps
- Version:1.0 www.cumberlandgames.com Free For Non-Commercial Use
- Trademark:Autumn Font Project is a trademark of S. John Ross
- Manufacturer:S. John Ross
- Designer:S. John Ross
- Vendor URL:www.cumberlandgames.com
- Designer URL:www.cumberlandgames.com
- License:Freeware for private, non-commercial use only.
- Description:Copyright (c) 2008 by S. John Ross. All rights reserved.
Submit a comment, question or review about Knits and Scraps font
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.