Rajdhani is an Open Source typeface supporting both the Devanagari and the Latin scripts. The font family was developed for use in headlines and other display-sized text on screen. Its initial release includes five fonts.
Each of these fonts contains 1, 098 glyphs. The letterforms are modularised; their squared and condensed appearance may be interpreted as being technical or even futuristic. Typically round bowls and other letterform elements have straight sides in Rajdhani. Its stroke terminals typically end in flat line segments that terminate either on a horizontal or a vertical, rather than on a diagonal. Their corners are slightly rounded, giving stroke-endings a softer feeling, rather than a pointy one.
Satya Rajpurohit and Jyotish Sonowal developed the Devanagari component in the Rajdhani fonts together, while the Latin was designed by Shiva Nalleperumal. The Indian Type Foundry first published the family in 2014.
Rajdhani font contains 464 defined characters and 341 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (84), Latin Extended-A (122), Latin Extended-B (7), Spacing Modifier Letters (9), Greek and Coptic (3), Devanagari (102), Latin Extended Additional (9), General Punctuation (19), Currency Symbols (2), Letterlike Symbols (2), Mathematical Operators (7), Geometric Shapes (1), Private Use Area (1).
- Font Name:Rajdhani
- Version:Version 1.200;PS 1.0;hotconv 1.0.78;makeotf.lib2.5.61930; ttfautohint (v1.1) -l 7 -r 28 -G 50 -x 13 -D latn -f deva -w G
- Trademark:Rajdhani is a trademark of Indian Type Foundry.
- Manufacturer:Indian Type Foundry
- Designer:Satya Rajpurohit, Jyotish Sonowal
- Vendor URL:http://www.indiantypefoundry.com
- Designer URL:http://www.indiantypefoundry.com
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Rajdhani font