A diploma thesis project from the Aachen University of Applied Sciences at Karl-Friedrich (Kai) Oetzbach. The font originated in a course in type design. The idea was to learn through the creation of a typeface about writing as an information carrier. It was created entirely digitally, so the path to the current version is very rocky and winding.
Actor has a strong x-height, which is why it always requires a fairly high line spacing. The digits of Actor are created as old style figures. The forms of 6 and 9 are more dynamic and more tense than usual. The 8 has significantly shifted interiors and the 7 is slightly curved to the left.
Actor font contains 238 defined characters and 181 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (96), Latin Extended-A (10), Spacing Modifier Letters (9), Greek and Coptic (1), General Punctuation (16), Superscripts and Subscripts (1), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (1), Mathematical Operators (7), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (2).
- Font Name:Actor Regular
- Version:Version 1.001
- Trademark:Actor is a trademark of Thomas Junold.
- Manufacturer:Thomas Junold
- Designer:Thomas Junold
- Vendor URL:www.buerofueraufmerksamkeit.de
- Designer URL:www.buerofueraufmerksamkeit.de
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/SIL
Submit a comment, question or review about Actor font