The design of BenchNine is loosely based on the look of the ink spreads and bleeds characteristic of traditional or vernacular woodcut type. The design takes a mash-up of a number of old Stephenson Blake designs and rounds the corners a little. In theory the face should work well for headlines that want to stand out just a little from the crowd.
BenchNine font contains 418 defined characters and 337 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (94), Latin Extended-A (120), Latin Extended-B (44), Spacing Modifier Letters (9), Combining Diacritical Marks (2), Greek and Coptic (1), Latin Extended Additional (22), General Punctuation (16), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (1), Mathematical Operators (9), Geometric Shapes (1), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (4).
- Font Name:BenchNine Regular
- Version:Version 1 ; ttfautohint (v0.92.18-e454-dirty) -l 8 -r 50 -G 200 -x 0 -w "g"
- Trademark:BenchNine is a trademark of vernon adams.
- Manufacturer:Vernon Adams
- Designer:Vernon Adams
- Vendor URL:newtypography.co.uk
- Designer URL:newtypography.co.uk
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- Description:Copyright (c) 2012 by vernon adams. All rights reserved.
Submit a comment, question or review about BenchNine font