Code2001 is a Plane 1 Unicode-based font (TTF). The font is correctly encoded for Plane 1 per the latest TTF/OTF specifications. Both Apple and Microsoft now include specifications for cmap format 12 at their respective typography web sites. Code2001 works on Windows 2000, but may not work on older operating systems. Mac OS X supports Unicode's higher planes and Code2001 will work with certain applications (see below for further Mac information).
Code2001 presently includes Aegean Numbers, Cirth, Counting Rod Numerals, Cypriot Syllabary, Deseret, Domino Tiles, Ewellic, Gothic, Grantha, Linear B Ideograms, Linear B Syllabary, Lisu Supplement [which consists of one character], Mathematic Alphanumeric Symbols, Miao, Old Italic, Old Persian Cuneiform, Osmanya, Pahawh Hmong, Phaistos Disk, Phoenician, Shavian, Symbols for Legacy Computing, Tai Xuan Jing Symbols, Tengwar, and Ugaritic. Provisional scripts are encoded in Private Use Areas. ISO-8859-01 is included for backwards compatibility (and because it is required by the specifications). As in the last few versions -- rough glyphs for many of the scripts which were recently added to Unicode are now found in the font. These rough, filler glyphs were added quickly in order to enable testing of these additions. These rough glyphs will be improved as time allows, meanwhile they should be better than those little squares.
Code2001 font contains 737 defined characters and 599 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (96), Latin Extended-A (8), Latin Extended-B (1), IPA Extensions (1), Spacing Modifier Letters (4), Combining Diacritical Marks (2), Greek and Coptic (30), Cyrillic (2), Devanagari (2), Tamil (13), Greek Extended (1), General Punctuation (21), Superscripts and Subscripts (1), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (28), Mathematical Operators (2), Geometric Shapes (5), Miscellaneous Symbols (3), Private Use Area (375).
- Font Name:Code2001
- Version:Version 0.921
- Trademark:Vaechna práva vyhrazena.
- Manufacturer:James Kass
- Designer:James Kass
- Vendor URL:https://www.code2001.com/index.htm
- Designer URL:https://www.code2001.com/index.htm
- License:Code2001 may be freely distributed. All rights reserved. The license grants you the right to use the Font, but you do not become the owner of it. You may not alter, decompile, or reverse-assemble the Font. You may not extract glyph data, glyph design, or data strings from the Font for the purpose of repackaging, rebundling, recompiling, or reusing such data, designs, or information for inclusion with another font or software application.
- License URL:https://www.code2001.com/code2001.htm
Code2001 began as an experimental Plane 1 Unicode based font. It is one of the first publicly available fonts covering characters beyond the Basic Multilingual Plane of Unicode. Code2001 is an extension of the Code2000 font.
Submit a comment, question or review about Code2001 font