Economica is the first digital typeface created in Montevideo, Uruguay, to be distributed internationally. The development of the typeface took most of 2007 and received the assistance of type design colleagues from all over Latin America.
Economica has four basic styles: Regular, Bold, Italic and Bold Italic. It includes a comprehensive character set that lets you work with diverse European languages.
This typeface family was designed for the output of inkjet printers. It was inspired by the concept of saving space in publishing texts without loss of height. This means it is a very condensed type.
The visual advantage of Economica is that accomplishes this horizontal compression while keeping a strong personality. It is not a typical, neutral, sans serif. The open forms and tendency towards flattened curves allow it to be used in very small spaces while retaining high legibility.
Economica font contains 247 defined characters and 177 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (95), Latin Extended-A (10), Latin Extended-B (1), Spacing Modifier Letters (8), Greek and Coptic (3), General Punctuation (16), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (2), Mathematical Operators (12), Geometric Shapes (1), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (4).
- Font Name:Economica
- Version:Version 1.101
- Trademark:Economica is a trademark of Vicente Lamonaca.
- Manufacturer:Vicente Lamonaca
- Designer:Vicente Lamonaca
- Vendor URL:www.tipotype.com
- Designer URL:www.tipografia-montevideo.info
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Economica font