Macondo. The first purpose of this typeface was to provide an original and systematized style of calligraphy adapted into a modern digital font. The forms are inspired by some illustrations created for a tarot card game, itself inspired by the work of Colombian literature Nobel prize winning author, Gabriel García Márquez, «Cien Años de Soledad». Early versions of this font were made in 1997, but recently in 2009 it was substantially improved. Macondo includes several cap swashes and other stylish alternates, and a sister family Macondo Swash Caps is also available.
Macondo font contains 309 defined characters and 238 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (95), Latin Extended-A (28), Latin Extended-B (1), Spacing Modifier Letters (5), Combining Diacritical Marks (1), Greek and Coptic (1), General Punctuation (13), Currency Symbols (1), Mathematical Operators (2), Private Use Area (66), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (2).
- Font Name:Macondo
- Version:Version 2.001
- Trademark:Macondo is a trademark of John Vargas Beltran.
- Manufacturer:John Vargas Beltran
- Designer:John Vargas Beltran
- Designer URL:www.johnvargasbeltran.com
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Macondo font