Philosopher was started in 2008 and takes inspiration from Agfa Rotis and ITC Binary. This font is universal: It can be used in logos, headlines, and for text. The initial version of the font was deliberately spread with errors - this was my invaluable contribution to type culture around the world, as I thought then - I wanted to stir up designers so they began working with fonts, rather than passively using what is there. Over time I wanted to correct the errors, and now the font has been used by millions of people worldwide.
In June 2011 a four-style family was published, and in September 2011 the full Latin and Cyrillic family was fully hinted.
Philosopher font contains 322 defined characters and 256 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (96), Latin Extended-A (13), Latin Extended-B (1), Spacing Modifier Letters (5), Cyrillic (94), General Punctuation (15), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (2), Private Use Area (1).
- Font Name:Philosopher
- Version:Version 1.000
- Trademark:Philosopher is a trademark of Jovanny Lemonad.
- Manufacturer:Jovanny Lemonad
- Designer:Jovanny Lemonad
- Vendor URL:http://www.jovanny.ru/
- Designer URL:http://www.jovanny.ru/
- License:Copyright (c) June 5, 2011, Jovanny Lemonad (firstname.lastname@example.org), with Reserved Font Name Nixie. This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is copied below, and is also available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- Description:Copyright (c) 2011 by Jovanny Lemonad. All rights reserved.
Submit a comment, question or review about Philosopher font