Ramabhadra is a Telugu font developed for use in headlines, posters and at large sizes. The letterforms are very round and have a uniform thickness, and the terminals have a small temple shape that appear like a sans-serif design. This font includes unique Telugu conjunct letters. Ramabhadra is named after the Telugu poet from the court of the king Krishnadevaraya, and was one of the Astadiggajalu (literally eight legends) there.
The Telugu is designed and developed by Purushoth Kumar Guttula in 2013 and made available by Silicon Andhra under the SIL Open Font License v1.1. The Latin is designed by Steve Matteson at Monotype, an internaional type foundry, and initially published as Arimo. The Ramabhadra project is led by Appaji Ambarisha Darbha, a type designer based in Hyderabad, India.
Ramabhadra font contains 223 defined characters and 197 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (9), Devanagari (5), Telugu (94), General Punctuation (10), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (3), Number Forms (1), Arrows (4), Mathematical Operators (1), Geometric Shapes (1).
- Font Name:Ramabhadra
- Version:Version 1.0.5; ttfautohint (vUNKNOWN) -l 7 -r 28 -G 50 -x 13 -D telu -f telu -w G -X ""
- Manufacturer:Andhrapradesh Society for Knowledge Networks
- Designer:Purushoth Kumar Guthula
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Ramabhadra font