Sarala is a Devanagari typeface family designed by Andrés Torresi and Carolina Giovagnoli for Huerta Tipográfica. It is based on the original Latin typeface Telex, a sans serif typeface for text.
It is a humanist sans serif design, conceived to be a web font with nice legibility at normal text sizes. Originally based on grid fitting shapes it became a multi-purpose typeface with low contrast, open counter forms, wide proportions and a touch of freshness.
Thanks to José Nicolás Silva, Vaishnavi Murthy and Erin McLaughlin for their feedback.
The Sarala project is led by Andrés Torresi, a type designer based in Argentina. To contribute, see github.com/andrestelex/sarala
Sarala font contains 554 defined characters and 406 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (95), Latin Extended-A (125), Latin Extended-B (8), Spacing Modifier Letters (8), Combining Diacritical Marks (3), Greek and Coptic (3), Devanagari (127), Latin Extended Additional (8), General Punctuation (24), Currency Symbols (4), Letterlike Symbols (4), Number Forms (6), Arrows (5), Mathematical Operators (11), Geometric Shapes (1).
- Font Name:Sarala
- Version:Version 1.004;PS 001.003;hotconv 1.0.70;makeotf.lib2.5.58329 DEVELOPMENT; ttfautohint (v1.00) -l 8 -r 50 -G 200 -x 14 -D latn -f none -w G
- Trademark:Sarala is a trademark of Andres Torresi (huertatipografica.com.ar).
- Manufacturer:Huerta Tipografica
- Designer:Andres Torresi
- Vendor URL:http://www.huertatipografica.com
- Designer URL:http://www.huertatipografica.com
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- Description:Humanist sans serif font for print and web with Devanagari support.
Submit a comment, question or review about Sarala font