Signika is a sans-serif with a gentle character, developed for wayfinding, signage, and other media where clarity of information is required. It has a low contrast and tall x-height to improve readability of texts in small sizes as well as in large distances from the reader. Being a typical signage typeface it is inspired by typefaces such as Ronnia, Meta, and Tahoma.
The typeface comes with a wide character set supporting Western European languages, Polish, and Czech. The figures are designed as tabular.
All weights from Light to Bold have alternative Negative versions, optimised to solve the effect of juxtaposed positive and negative text setting, where the text in negative tends to look thicker.
Signika font contains 268 defined characters and 215 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (94), Latin Extended-A (55), Latin Extended-B (1), Spacing Modifier Letters (5), Greek and Coptic (1), Latin Extended Additional (1), General Punctuation (12), Superscripts and Subscripts (1), Currency Symbols (1).
- Font Name:Signika
- Version:Version 1.001
- Trademark:Signika is a trademark of Anna Giedrys.
- Manufacturer:Anna Giedrys
- Designer:Anna Giedrys
- Vendor URL:www.ancymonic.com
- Designer URL:www.ancymonic.com
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Signika font