Iza and Paulo W (Intellecta Design) are proud to announce Van den Velde Script. A free interpretation of the work of the famous master penman Jan van den Velde, to be found in the “Spieghel der schrijfkonste, in den welcken ghesien worden veelderhande gheschrifften met hare fondementen ende onderrichtinghe. ” (Haarlen, 1605).
Van den Velde Script has evocative ancient ligature forms from the XVII Century Dutch master penman Jan van den Velde. Your indescritible writing-book was important not only with regard to the specific period it represents, but also in relationship to the entire history of calligraphy as an art: Van den Velde is rightly credited with having introduced and perfected a new trend in Dutch calligraphy. Our font, Van den Velde Script merges modern necessities o better legibility without loose the taste of his archaic origins. This enhanced OpenType version is a complete solution for producing documents and artworks whith a evocative and voluptuous style of calligraphic script:
- dozens of stylistic alternates for each letter (upper- and lowercase), accessed with the glyph palette;
- historical ornaments and fleurons in the typical style (and motifs) from the XVII century at the Lower Countryes accessed with the glyph palette using the Ornaments feature);
- an extensive set of ligatures (100s of contextual alternates plus discretionary ligatures) providing letterform variations that make your designs really special, resembling real handwriting on the page;
- a tour-de-force kerning work: over 700 gliphs in this font was adjusted to your kern pairs handly.
In non-OpenType-savvy applications it works well as an unusual and beautiful script style font. Because of its high number of alternate letters and combinations (over 700 glyphs), we suggest the use of the glyph palette to find ideal solutions to specific designs. The sample illustrations will give you an idea of the possibilities. You have full access to this amazing stuff using InDesign, Illustrator, QuarkXpress and similar software. However, we still recommend exploring what this font has to offer using the glyphs palette: principally to get all the power of the Contextual Alternates feature. You can has an idea of the power of this font looking at the “Van den Velde User Guide”, a pdf brochure in the Galçlery section.
Van den Velde Script font contains 223 defined characters and 183 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (92), Latin-1 Supplement (92), Latin Extended-A (10), Latin Extended-B (1), Spacing Modifier Letters (8), General Punctuation (16), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (1), Mathematical Operators (1).
- Font Name:Van den Velde Script
- Version:Version 1.000 2011 initial release
- Trademark:Van den Velde Script is a trademark of Iza & Paulo W.
- Manufacturer:Iza & Paulo W
- Designer:Iza & Paulo W
- Description:Copyright (c) 2011 by Iza & Paulo W. All rights reserved.
Submit a comment, question or review about Van den Velde Script font
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.