Voces is a new graphic solution for the glyphs of the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA), considering the specific use-case of bilingual dictionaries. For this purpose, the typeface was conceived as a sans serif with gradual strokes, generous counterforms, a large "x" height, and short ascenders and descenders. These features attempt to solve the problems of spatial economy and print fidelity that dictionary typesetting presents. Ink traps were applied with consideration for the aesthetic and functional requirements. Voces was selected for exhibition in Tipos Latinos 2010.
Voces is designed by Ana Paula Megda and Pablo Ugerman.
Voces font contains 664 defined characters and 457 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (95), Latin Extended-A (126), Latin Extended-B (18), IPA Extensions (91), Spacing Modifier Letters (76), Combining Diacritical Marks (94), Greek and Coptic (4), Latin Extended Additional (19), General Punctuation (17), Superscripts and Subscripts (8), Currency Symbols (5), Letterlike Symbols (2), Mathematical Operators (12), Geometric Shapes (1), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (2).
- Font Name:Voces
- Version:Version 1.001
- Trademark:Voces is a trademark of Ana Paula Megda, Pablo Ugerman.
- Manufacturer:Ana Paula Megda, Pablo Ugerman
- Designer:Ana Paula Megda, Pablo Ugerman
- Vendor URL:www.ugrdesign.com.ar
- Designer URL:www.anamegda.com
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is copied below, and is also available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Voces font