Josefin Slab was the first typeface–at least in my mind–I designed! But I decided to start simple with Josefin Sans. Following the 1930s trend for geometric typefaces, it just came to me that something between Kabel and Memphis with modern details will look great.
I wanted to stick to the idea of Scandinavian style, so I put a lot of attention to the diacritics, especially to "æ" which has loops connecting in a continuous way, so the "e" slope was determined by this character.
It also has some typewriter style attributes, because I've liked the Letter Gothic typeface since I was in high school, and that's why I decided to make a Slab version of Josefin Sans.
Josefin Slab font contains 202 defined characters and 160 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (95), Latin Extended-A (1), Spacing Modifier Letters (1), General Punctuation (11).
- Font Name:Josefin Slab
- Version:Version 1.000
- Trademark:Josefin Slab is a trademark of Typemade.
- Designer:Santiago Orozco
- Designer URL:www.typemade.mx
- License:Copyright (c) 2010, Santiago Orozco (firstname.lastname@example.org), with Reserved Font Name Josefin. This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- Description:Copyright (c) 2010 by Typemade. All rights reserved.
Submit a comment, question or review about Josefin Slab font
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.