The idea for creating this typeface was to make it geometric, elegant and kind of vintage, especially for titling. It is inspired by Rudolf Koch's Kabel (1927), Rudolf Wolf's Memphis (1930), Paul Renner's Futura (1927).
My idea was to draw something with good style, that reflects Swedish design and their passion for a good lifestyle, and by default all other Scandinavian styles.
Something weird happened when I drew the letter "z": when I took my typography courses in college, I saw a very interesting typeface in a book, the New Universal Typeface "Newut" from André Baldinger (which I have loved since then), and after I finished the "z" I ran into Newut' site again and noticed that I had unconsciously drawn it with the same haircut.
The x-height is half way from baseline to caps height, unlike any other modern typeface.
I wanted to do something different with the ampersand, so I made three and will include them as alternates in future versions. This version also includes Old Style Numerals.
There is a sister family, Josefin Slab.
Josefin Sans font contains 343 defined characters and 267 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (94), Latin Extended-A (109), Latin Extended-B (1), Spacing Modifier Letters (8), Greek and Coptic (1), Latin Extended Additional (1), General Punctuation (16), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (2), Mathematical Operators (11), Geometric Shapes (1), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (2).
- Font Name:Josefin Sans
- Trademark:Josefin Sans is a trademark of Typemade.
- Designer:Santiago Orozco
- Designer URL:www.typemade.mx
- License:Copyright (c) 2010, Santiago Orozco (firstname.lastname@example.org), with Reserved Font Name Josefin. This Font Software is licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
- License URL:http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
- Description:Copyright (c) 2010 by Typemade. All rights reserved.
Submit a comment, question or review about Josefin Sans font