Arvo is a geometric slab-serif typeface family suited for screen and print. The family includes 4 cuts: Roman, Italic, Roman Bold, Bold Italic. It is a open font distributed through the Google Font Directory. The flavour of the font is rather mixed. Its monolinearish, but has tiny bit of contrast (which increases the legibility a little in Mac OS X.) The name Arvo is a typical Estonian man's name, but is not used widely any more. In the Finnish language, Arvo means "number, value, worth." Considering how much programming is behind hinting, 'number' is also true.
Arvo font contains 225 defined characters and 179 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (95), Latin Extended-A (8), Spacing Modifier Letters (9), Greek and Coptic (1), General Punctuation (12), Superscripts and Subscripts (3), Mathematical Operators (3).
- Font Name:Arvo
- Version:Version 1.004 2010 beta release
- Trademark:Copyright (c) 2010 by Anton Koovit.
- Manufacturer:Anton Koovit
- Designer:Anton Koovit
- Vendor URL:http://www.korkork.com/
- Designer URL:http://www.kork.ee
- License:SIL openfont License 1.1
- License URL:http://www.korkork.com/license/arvo/
- Description:Copyright (c) 2010 by Anton Koovit. All rights reserved under SIL openfont License 1.1
Submit a comment, question or review about Arvo font