Balthazar is a contemporary "Copperplate Gothic like" serif typeface inspired by the kind of typefaces used by many bistros and cafes in New York City and Paris. Unusually this type includes lowercase letters. The high x-height gives the text a compact look, true to the original Cooperplate Gothic design. The general form is less condensed. It has diagonal stress, and a soft variation in contrast to improve legibility. It is bolder than normal for better rasterization on screen. The typeface works smoothly at text sizes with its delicate serifs, which gives a crisp effect on the screen. At larger sizes it shows a strong personality with the combination of serif details and the modulation of its strokes. It is useful for both short text and headlines, but it is also comfortable for reading on screen.
Designed by Dario Muhafara for tipo foundry.
Balthazar font contains 243 defined characters and 197 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (93), Latin Extended-A (10), Latin Extended-B (1), Spacing Modifier Letters (8), Greek and Coptic (1), General Punctuation (16), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (2), Mathematical Operators (12), Geometric Shapes (1), Private Use Area (1), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (2).
- Font Name:Balthazar Regular
- Version:Version 1.000
- Trademark:Balthazar is a trademark of Dario Manuel Muhafara.
- Manufacturer:Dario Manuel Muhafara
- Designer:Dario Manuel Muhafara
- Vendor URL:http://www.tipo.net.ar
- Designer URL:http://www.tipo.net.ar
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Balthazar font