Kotta One is a new and unusual text typeface that mixes the characteristics of an italic with legibility of a roman. Kotta uses a true calligraphic construction, with a structure based on a real italic hand, not simple mechanical slanted forms.
Like Renaissance typefaces it is an independent style, not merely an accompaniment for a roman. Kotta One is also a modern style, angular and geometric, exploring the ideas of American typographer Williams Addison Dwiggins and his M-Formula. Sharp lines and strong horizontal strokes give it a rhythm that reads well in long texts.
Kotta One font contains 246 defined characters and 195 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (94), Latin Extended-A (35), Latin Extended-B (1), Spacing Modifier Letters (6), Combining Diacritical Marks (1), Greek and Coptic (1), General Punctuation (11), Currency Symbols (1), Mathematical Operators (1), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (1).
- Font Name:Kotta One
- Version:Version 1.001
- Trademark:Kotta is a trademark of Ania Kruk.
- Manufacturer:Ania Kruk
- Designer:Ania Kruk
- Vendor URL:www.aniakruk.com
- Designer URL:www.aniakruk.com
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Kotta One font