The Simonetta font is named in honour of Simonetta Vespucci. She was considered to be the most beautiful woman in Renaissance Florence and was nicknamed 'La Bella Simonetta.' She was a model for Sandro Botticelli's painting 'The Birth of Venus' and many of his other female characters.
The Simonetta font is inspired by Italian Humanistic typefaces, but it is contemporary and has many original features. It has one-sided serifs and soft drops, is slightly slanted (some two degrees) and the Italics have the same slant. The Romans and Italics differ from each other only in their shapes, with the italics being much more calligraphic and angular.
Designed by Gayaneh Bagdasaryan for Brownfox.
Simonetta font contains 219 defined characters and 173 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (96), Latin Extended-A (4), Spacing Modifier Letters (4), Greek and Coptic (1), General Punctuation (12), Superscripts and Subscripts (1), Currency Symbols (1), Mathematical Operators (1), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (5).
- Font Name:Simonetta
- Version:Version 1.002
- Trademark:Simonetta is a trademark of Brownfox
- Designer:Gayaneh Bagdasaryan
- Vendor URL:http://www.brownfox.org
- Designer URL:http://www.gayaneh.org
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Simonetta font