Almendra is a typeface design based on calligraphy. Its style is related to the chancery and gothic hands. It is intended to be used in long texts, especially young children's literature. Almendra's black and white forms generate a nice texture in small sizes, while its many details appear when given the opportunity in huge sizes. The main challenge was to make compatible dialectic elements, especially balancing legibility and formal identity. Almendra was selected to be exhibited at the Bienal Iberoamericana de Dise?o in 2010 and was part of the German editorial project Typodarium 2012.
Almendra font contains 357 defined characters and 264 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (95), Latin Extended-A (109), Latin Extended-B (6), Spacing Modifier Letters (8), Combining Diacritical Marks (1), Greek and Coptic (1), General Punctuation (16), Superscripts and Subscripts (7), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (2), Mathematical Operators (12), Geometric Shapes (1), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (4).
- Font Name:Almendra
- Version:Version 1.003
- Trademark:Almendra is a trademark of Ana Sanfelippo.
- Manufacturer:Ana Sanfelippo
- Designer:Ana Sanfelippo
- Designer URL:www.anasanfelippo.com.ar
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Almendra font