Designed to integrate with the character of the Mozilla FirefoxOS, the Fira typefaces also aim to cover the legibility needs for a large range of handsets varying in screen quality and rendering.
The Fira font family comes in a Sans Serif with 4 weights (Light, Regular, Medium and Bold) all accompanied by italic styles. The package also includes a Mono Spaced variant with 2 weights (Regular, Medium Bold.)
This project is led by Carrois, a type foundry based in Berlin. To contribute, see Fira on GitHub.
Fira Sans font contains 788 defined characters and 148 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (96), Latin Extended-A (127), Latin Extended-B (10), Spacing Modifier Letters (9), Combining Diacritical Marks (15), Greek and Coptic (71), Cyrillic (180), Cyrillic Supplementary (6), Latin Extended Additional (8), Greek Extended (52), General Punctuation (25), Superscripts and Subscripts (27), Currency Symbols (1), Letterlike Symbols (4), Number Forms (13), Arrows (15), Mathematical Operators (16), Miscellaneous Technical (5), Geometric Shapes (2), Dingbats (1), Miscellaneous Symbols and Arrows (3), Private Use Area (4), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (2), Arabic Presentation Forms-B (1).
- Font Name:Fira Sans
- Version:Version 3.111;PS 003.111;hotconv 1.0.70;makeotf.lib2.5.58329
- Trademark:Fira Sans is a trademark of The Mozilla Corporation.
- Manufacturer:Carrois Corporate GbR & Edenspiekermann AG
- Designer:Carrois Corporate & Edenspiekermann AG
- Vendor URL:http://www.carrois.com
- Designer URL:http://www.carrois.com
- License:Licensed under the Open Font License, version 1.1 or later
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Fira Sans font