Ksenia Erulevich, designer of the Alice typeface, was inspired by Lewis Carrol's novel and decided to make a typeface that will be suitable for typesetting that book.
It came out eclectic and quaint, old-fashioned, having widened proportions, open aperture, and soft rounded features; perfect for long meditative text-setting and headlines.
This is in fact Ksenia's first typeface, as part of her diploma project in a Type and Typography course in Moscow, Russia.
Released by Cyreal with help from Gayaneh Bagdasaryan and Alexei Vanyashin.
Alice font contains 213 defined characters and 165 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (96), Latin Extended-A (3), Spacing Modifier Letters (4), General Punctuation (12), Superscripts and Subscripts (1), Currency Symbols (1), Mathematical Operators (1), Alphabetic Presentation Forms (1).
- Font Name:Alice
- Version:Version 1.010
- Trademark:Alice is a trademark of Cyreal (www.cyreal.org).
- Manufacturer:Cyreal (www.cyreal.org)
- Designer:Cyreal (www.cyreal.org)
- Vendor URL:http://cyreal.org
- Designer URL:http://cyreal.org
- License:Copyright (c) 2011, Cyreal (www.cyreal.org) with Reserved Font Name "Alice" and "Alice Regular". This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Alice is designed by Ksenia Erulevich for Cyreal. This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
Submit a comment, question or review about Alice font