Volkhov is a low-contrast seriffed typeface with a robust character, intended for providing a motivating reading experience.
As a four-weight family it is well-suited for complex text environments being economic and legible, contemporary and prominent. Many of its design solutions relate to this purpose: large open counters, rather short descenders, and brutal asymmetric serifs.
Spacing in Bold is slightly increased compared to the normal weight, because the bold mass is mostly grown inwards. The Italic has a steep angle and a distinctive calligraphically reminiscent character, as a counterpart to the rigorous Regular.
Designed by Ivan Petrov.
Volkhov font contains 213 defined characters and 161 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (96), Latin Extended-A (3), Spacing Modifier Letters (4), Greek and Coptic (1), General Punctuation (12), Superscripts and Subscripts (1), Currency Symbols (1), Mathematical Operators (1).
- Font Name:Volkhov Regular
- Version:Version 1.010
- Trademark:Volkhov is a trademark of Cyreal (www.cyreal.org).
- Manufacturer:Cyreal (www.cyreal.org)
- Designer:Cyreal (www.cyreal.org)
- Vendor URL:http://cyreal.org
- Designer URL:http://cyreal.org
- License:Copyright (c) 2011, Cyreal (www.cyreal.org) with Reserved Font Name "Volkhov" and "Volkhov Regular". This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Volkhov is designed by Ivan Petrov for Cyreal. This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
Submit a comment, question or review about Volkhov font