Jacques Francois revives the c. 1760 Enschedé no. 811 type specimen by Jacques François Rosart (1714-1774), made for Enschedé Printing House. The concept was to create a contemporary webfont with an even typographic color while preserving the essential historic peculiarities and expanding the character set. Compared to the historic specimen the x-height is generously increased and contrast lowered.
Jacques Francois is designed for medium to small sizes. For this purpose its features were altered: contrast was lowered and x-height significantly increased. Designed by Manvel Shmavonyan, Alexei Vanyashin. Jacques Francois includes old style figures.
There is also Jacques Francois Shadow, an incised variant of the Jacques Francois font.
Jacques Francois font contains 212 defined characters and 177 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (96), Latin Extended-A (3), Spacing Modifier Letters (4), General Punctuation (12), Superscripts and Subscripts (1), Currency Symbols (1), Mathematical Operators (1).
- Font Name:Jacques Francois
- Version:Version 1.003
- Trademark:Jacques Francois is a trademark of Cyreal (www.cyreal.org).
- Manufacturer:Cyreal (www.cyreal.org)
- Designer:Manvel Shmavonyan, Alexei Vanyashin
- Vendor URL:cyreal.org
- Designer URL:http://new.myfonts.com/person/Manvel_Shmavonyan/
- License:This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Submit a comment, question or review about Jacques Francois font