Federant revives the Reklameschrift typeface Feder Antiqua by Otto Ludwig Nägele (1911). The main challenge of designing a modern interpretation was to balance between applying visual corrections for overall consistency and staying close to the original source. In certain cases the historical authenticy was sacrificed in favour of an even typographic color.
This project required research of historic type specimens in search for the missing letterforms. The unusual interpretation of the Yen currency symbol can be found in typefaces of that period.
Designed by Olexa M.Volochay, Alexei Vanyashin for Cyreal.
Federant font contains 212 defined characters and 167 unique glyphs.
The font contains characters from the following unicode character ranges: Basic Latin (93), Latin-1 Supplement (96), Latin Extended-A (3), Spacing Modifier Letters (4), General Punctuation (12), Superscripts and Subscripts (1), Currency Symbols (1), Mathematical Operators (1).
- Font Name:Federant Medium
- Version:Version 1.010
- Trademark:Federant is a trademark of Cyreal (www.cyreal.org).
- Manufacturer:Cyreal (www.cyreal.org)
- Designer:Cyreal (www.cyreal.org)
- Vendor URL:http://cyreal.org
- Designer URL:http://cyreal.org
- License:Copyright (c) 2011, Cyreal (www.cyreal.org) with Reserved Font Name "Federant" and "Federant Medium". This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1. This license is available with a FAQ at: http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
- License URL:http://scripts.sil.org/OFL
Federant is designed by Olexa M. Volochay(http://www.olexa.kiev.ua), Alexei Vanyashin for Cyreal. Based on Feder Antiqua by Otto Ludwig Naegele (1911). This Font Software is licensed under the SIL Open Font License, Version 1.1.
Submit a comment, question or review about Federant font
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.